Tuesday 21 July 2009

discarding car maintenance byproducts in Brussels

I'm the proud owner of a 1978 Fiat 124 spider. She's my only car, and I drive it everyday: she's very trustee, even though she has its mood. The engine and general mecanics are very basic and simple, so I do maintenance work on it myself: first because I enjoy it, then it saves me a few bucks.

I'm not learning you anything if I say that when you do that kind of work on a car, there are a string of byproducts resulting; used up oil, discarded oil filters, etc... In Belgium we have a quite efficient system for recycling houseold waste, but it's very difficult when you come with that kind of toxic wastes. You have to wait for a specific waste recycling bus to come along in a place near you.

[EDIT] Recently I've learned that you could also bring those up in a garage near you. That's what I did, good to know ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment